7.30.2008

Lula Café is Delicious!

As a continuation of my slacker-hood of grocery shopping, I have been busy traveling and eating in restaurants.  This past weekend I was in Chicago, attending a wedding, riding bicycles along Lake Michigan, meeting up with friends, and eating lots of delicious foods.  It was even more fun than I anticipated!

In Logan Square (a little north and pretty west of downtown, on the blue line) there is supposed to be a giant Farmer's Market on Sundays from 10 am to 3 pm.  Although I was busy wandering Wrigleyville and bicycling during those hours, my posse and I made it to the scene around 8 pm and we were able to partake of the wares of the market at an amazing café in the square: Lula.

The flavor combinations were truly amazing, and I ate way more than I should (3 courses!), but it was worth it and I would do it again.

Here's what I ordered:

lula house salad (v fresh, great dressing, homemade bread slices and herbed butter)
pasta yiayia
vanilla gelato

Check out their menu and check out the Logan Square Farmer's Market site.  I will be back for a market visit.



No comments: