3.08.2009

Organic Indian


After lingering at the local Foodtown around the corner, I spotted a few items from the Arora Creations line of products. I was originally drawn to the the simple font and clean layout of the packaging, and I wondered if they would be any good.

So, last Sunday I gave two of them a try: Vegan Veg Rice and the Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Blend. It was quite an endeavor, taking me about 2 hours to do all of the prep and cook the food as well as I wanted to.

Results: the smell of the rice didn't really go well with the aromatic chicken curry concoction. I would pick up the spice pack again, but probably choose a simpler, more homemade rice. I also dream of a creamier version of Chicken Tikka Masala, but all in all, this version was pretty good. Now I just want to learn how to make some good nan.

No comments: